Leather is a natural product. If not regularly cared for, it loses vital natural lubricants and nutrients, becoming hard and brittle, and its appearance is affected. In order to counter this, waxes and oils for shoe care are used. These enable the leather to recover its essential lubricants, stay flexible and maintain that well cared for look.
Top quality wax products maintain upper material flexibility, enabling small cracks to be avoided with regular treatment. Silicon materials provide protection against dirt and moisture. Beeswax additives provide the best possible nutrients for the leather and the colour is given a thoroughly fresh look whenever these additives are combined with selected colorants.
TOKO Shoe Care products provide optimum care and protection for leather shoes against dirt and moisture and TOKO Leather Wax items from the product range ensure a clean, flexible elastic finish. The top finish is provided by TOKO Leather Care, ensuring both gloss and flexibility.
- Remove laces and insoles.
- Carefully remove any dirt from the shoes with a brush. In the case of stubborn dirt stains, the shoes may also be brushed in running water. It is recommended that no detergents be used as soap damages the leather.
- Cleaned leather shoes should be padded with newspaper, which should be changed regularly. This will accelerate the drying process.
- Note! Shoes with GORE TEX lining dry better without paper padding.
- Once the leather is completely dry, it is ready for treatment.
Alternative 1 - Leather Wax
- Apply a thin coat of TOKO Leather to the leather and work in evenly.
- Deeper penetration can be achieved with careful blow drying.
- Any surplus wax can be carefully removed with a soft comb after two hours.
- Beware! the use of TOKO Leather Wax may alter the appearance of the leather, usually leaving it somewhat darker and smoother. This effect is particularly noticeable with velvet or nubuck leather.
Alternative 2 - Leather Care
- Spray the shoe evenly with TOKO Leather Care.
- The shoe must be completely dry before use or impregnation.
- Additional TOKO Proof impregnation is recommended.
- Tip! TOKO Leather Care in particular is also recommended if you wish to prevent any change in appearance. Neither the upper material structure nor the colour is affected by its use.