Since TOKO’s founding more than 100 years ago, in the wax and textile-care business, our traditional Swiss brand has stood for innovative strength, utmost quality and unique performance. The waxes, tools and Care Line products provide skis, boards, textiles and shoes with the highest possible functionality. Correct waxing lets skis and boards glide even more easily. Sharp edges add to the safety. Proper washing and impregnation lets you breathe and keeps you dry.
Plus: If you use our products correctly, your favourite items will last longer, be it in snow or in rain and wind. Wherever you are outdoors – you can rely on TOKO.
Swiss Technology stands for best Quality, Function & Care. Since the founding of TOKO in 1916 the TOKO head office with company management, marketing, product management and Research & Development is based in Switzerland.
TOKO has been traditionally attending all major national and international skiing events for many decades – providing active support to athletes and service teams from around the world.
Numerous successes in the Alpine and Nordic skiing disciplines were made possible by the skis that were perfectly waxed by TOKO. The best evidence of these achievements is provided by the innumerable medals and victories at Olympic Games, world and European competitions as well as World Cup races.
TOKO often focuses closely on the topic of surfaces. In the field of research and development our specialists work daily on creating the basis for top-class surfaces. On the one hand the athletes need optimally treated ski coatings to ensure their success and enjoyment. On the other the surface of the equipment – clothing, tents, rucksacks and more – must be water-repellent, durable and still fully functional. In both cases one name stands for maximum surface competence: TOKO.
TOKO develops high-tech waxes for skiers and high-quality care products for equipment. TOKO's customers can rely on the best-possible performance and the long-term function of their equipment. As we have been very successful in this field for more than 100 years, with its tremendous experience TOKO is rightly regarded at the leading surface specialist
Nature and TOKO go inseparably hand in hand. We do everything we can to ensure that outdoor sports enthusiasts have the best conditions for their activities. We focus intensely on protecting nature while developing optimum TOKO products. The sustainable protection of our natural environment is a matter that is dear to our hearts.
Naturally Eco, naturally from TOKO
TOKO Eco is a development that combines performance with eco-compatibility like no other.
- When selecting our raw materials we look very closely at their environmental compatibility, biodegradability and also their renewability.
- The ISO-certifi ed products in Switzerland always ensure resource-conserving manufacturing processes.
- Switzerland as a production location also ensures short transport routes and we also minimise the number of shipments.
TOKO Eco products have been awarded the bluesign® seal of quality. The independent, internationally recognised quality label regularly checks our entire production chain with regard to environmental compatibility.
TOKO Care Line products: 100 % free from PFOS and PFOA
The critical substances perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) are not contained in any of the TOKO Care products. TOKO uses the environmentally-friendly C6 fluorochemicals. All TOKO Care and Proof products are 100 % free from PFOS and PFOA. In addition, the TOKO Eco products go even further and have this certified by the external bluesign® certification body. We are always on the safe side!
Express Wax with positive life cycle assessment
TOKO also focuses on maximum environmental compatibility in the wax sector. Both UNIVERSAL and NORDIC versions of the Express range are produced on an ecological basis and are therefore biodegradable.
In TOKO’s long history, this global brand has often made history – with top-class products and pioneering innovations in the wax and care sectors.
If there is a common theme that runs through TOKO’s history, it is the tremendous and uninterrupted power of innovation of this skiing sport specialist from Switzerland. Combined with its proximity to both professional and amateur athletes, TOKO has become an integral element of the world of skiing sports. TOKO means skiing fun!
- 1916 Foundation of the company “Tobler & Co.” by Jakob Tobler
- 1933/34 Company name change to ToKo AG
- 1940 Market launch of the legendary rub-on wax 1-3-5
- 1948 First official waxing service at the St. Moritz Olympics
- 1975 Hot wax concept with the colour concept of yellow (hot), red (medium) and blue (cold) still valid today
- 2003 Toko acquired by the Mammut Sports Group
- 2010 Toko comes to Swix. Foundation of Toko-Swix Sport AG in Altstätten, Switzerland.
- 2012 Market launch of the innovative Hot Wax range
- 2014 Further innovations: Top Finish range/JetStream Powder 2.0, JetStream Bloc 2.0 and HelX 2.0
- 2016 Company jubilee: TOKO celebrates its 100th anniversary
- 2017 Year of innovations and new launches – e.g. the new Care Line